The agenda and packet for the 2021-01-05 meeting can be found here https://www.grandcountyutah.net/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_01052021-1282
Zoom info — Dial: (669) 900-6833 Meeting ID: 867 1625 2356 # Password (if needed): 279317 Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86716252356?pwd=UDd0dDF0bTdjODQ5UmNoWjNjU1Vadz09
Or search for “grand county utah government” on YouTube.
Here are some of the more interesting agenda items:
- Item C: Presentation from UAC (Utah Association of Counties). Grand County’s relationship with UAC has been rocky in the past, since UAC frequently promotes issues which are unpopular in Grand County. There has been discussion of Grand County withdrawing from UAC, but this has a serious downside because UAC also provides useful and uncontroversial services to other County departments (Treasurer, Assessor, etc.).
- Item D: Appointing a replacement for Jaylyn Hawks. There are four applicants: Steve Getz, Josie Kovash, Sarah Stock and Stephen Stocks.
- Item J: 313/191 Small area plan. This has been in the works for several months. The public hearing was at the last GCC meeting. This meeting will have the final vote.
- Item K: Land use code amendments regarding camping. These are some LUC amendments aimed at curbing unauthorized camping in residential areas in Spanish Valley. The public hearing was at the last GCC meeting. This meeting will have the final vote.
- Item L: Amendments to Special Events Ordinance. The proposed revisions would make it easier for Grand County to manage special events. The public hearing was at the last GCC meeting. This meeting will have the final vote.
- Item N: Letter to Biden Administration in support of restoring Bears Ears National Monument. San Juan County has already sent a similar letter of support.
- Item T: Discussion re Land Use Code amendments regarding UTV rentals.